Sunday, November 6, 2011

Anne Geddes, Eat Your Heart Out!



Sometimes I have to sit back and let the little things in life grab my attention and captivate me. I know that if I sit around waiting for something spectacular to happen I will spend my entire life waiting. Which is nothing short of a waste of time.
The other evening I had gone upstairs to shower and get ready for bed. When I was finished blow drying my hair, Andrew (who I had already put to bed earlier) came into my room and climbed onto my bed next to me with the sweetest grin on his face and said, "Mommy, I wanna snuggle you?" I knew that I should tell him to go right back to bed, but that grin made it pretty impossible to do so. I sat back on my pillow, turned on the food network and encouraged my little boy to snuggle into the crook of my arm, which he did and we proceeded to watch about a half an hour of "cook" (anytime I watch the food network he says, "Mommy's watching cook") It was lovely and peaceful and when the show was over, I put him back into his little bed, covered him up and kissed him one more time as he curled up on his side with another sweet smile on his face. I realized then that I had not seen Robert and Aubrey in a little while, so I decided to go downstairs and check on them. 

This is what I found:

Photoshop? Picnik? NOOO She looked like this, all soft and
ethereal when I took the picture...I swear!


I could not resist taking a picture of my angelic baby girl sleeping on her daddy's tummy before getting them both into their respective beds.

It is evenings like this one that make me realize how beautiful my life can be, without me even trying to make it be that way.

(It also helps to have magnificently beautiful offspring....just sayin')







1 comment: