Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Party To (She Probably won't) Remember!

 My baby girl turned one year old a couple of weeks ago, and we had a party for her! Because she was ONLY turning one, the party was more for me than anything else, so I made cupcakes. Not just ANY cupcakes RAINBOW cupcakes! I wanted to join the hordes of crafty mommies on pinterest and facebook who do all the clever little things and then post pictures, of the process and the finished product and everybody posts praising comments and all that jazz.

I made a white cake mix and separated it into six bowls
and mixed food coloring into each.

Then I started layering each color in
the cupcake pan.

This is what they looked like when baked. 



Perfect for my little one year old!


Voila! Rainbow cupcakes!
It was a little labor intensive, and kept me up pretty late the night before, but hey, it was for my little girl so, ya know, it was worth the effort.
  The next day I got my house all pretty and we had ourselves a little party!
Looking like a party now!

Getting ready to open presents!
Good big brother, helped open!
More presents...
And more...
PRESENTS!!

DRUNK....with the joy of new presents!

Girly stuff, and tutu's, and baby dolls OH MY!
Time to blow out the candle!



She was a fan of my rainbow cake!

She seemed to go into a "zen-like" trance as a result of the rainbow cupcake, but then, who wouldn't?

2 comments:

  1. You put SO much work into that party! Aubrey is SO lucky to have you for a Mommy! I LOVE YOU Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete