Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Parenting 101 Lesson 25: Never underestimate the three year old.

  My son is really awesome. I have always known that. Today however, he reminded me just HOW awesome he can be.
  It was a lovely quiet afternoon, and I had just spent two hours yelling upstairs at Andy to 'lay down and go to sleep already' to which he cheerfully disobeyed. I finally relented ( I am pretty sure he has officially outgrown his afternoon nap. A fact that I am reluctant to accept.) and told him to go ahead and come downstairs so he won't wake Aubrey from HER nap. He asked if he could bring a toy downstairs and I said 'sure' since it was more likely that he would be quieter if he did.
   He brought down his tub of 'bristle blocks' and announced that he was going to build a "choo choo train" I smiled and said, "sounds good!"  and went on with what I was doing, fully prepared to congratulate him on whatever modern interpretation of a 'train' he fashioned.
 
                            My jaw about dropped to the floor when he presented me with THIS:
Not just a handsome little sucker, but a blossoming engineer!

I really couldn't get over his meticulous placement of the wheels and smokestack.

Finished Product, after some final tweaking from Andrew.


.....Never again will I underestimate my son....never.

3 comments:

  1. Well, his grandpa DOES have a degree in mechanical & electrical engineering. Talk about getting them started younger and younger! And making Daddy PROUD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And his GREAT Grandpa was an aeronautical engineer!! Just saying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well with all THAT reasoning, I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised...

    ReplyDelete