Friday, March 16, 2012

Weddings and Things.


So I haven't written in a while. Don't worry you haven't missed THAT much, and what you have missed I will fill you all in on!
 SO! First off I must go on a bit about my new favorite thing. Robert and I decided that we were REALLY sick of our wireless provider. We were paying more than we wanted to and didn't even have smart phones or even a data plan! We were tired of living in the dark ages of wireless devices and finally bit the proverbial bullet, and switched plans! Before we ever decided to switch we knew what we wanted, and NO we are not brainwashed zombies, or mindless followers. And let me just say that I ALSO appreciate the validity and of 'other' smart phones/devices. Androids, blackberries etc, but, we happen to have really good luck with apple products! My beloved Macbook pro is a full year old. I love how easy it is to use, and I haven't had a SINGLE problem, even with my two small children who, from time to time get their hands on it!
 ....I'm sure you see where this is going, and yes, I GOT AN iPHONE!!! It is my new baby and I love it SO very much! There really IS an app for everything! My current favorite has to be my fitness pal which helps me track my running and workouts, and keeps me from eating too much (which apparently I was doing before) Since Rob is a pilot, we can facetime when he is out and has to be away from home for periods of time, which the kids love! Words with friends, just makes me happy and I feel like I must reach out to my "friends" out there and invite you all to join me in playing some of the most drawn out games of scrabble ever played! (thats right, even those of you who haven't seen me in person since I lived in Memphis twelve years ago... SCRABBLE people!)
Um *cough* anyways... yeah so moving on.
My sister Kristen recently got married.
Adorable right? I have to say that we were all a little worried about Krissy there for a while. She wasn't quite living up to her 'partner potential' with the guys she was seeing. So when she brought Bill home last year, and we got to know him a bit, we all breathed a BIG sigh of relief because he IS a pretty darn awesome guy. (and seriously, just look at that face! A-DOR-A-BLE!!)
SO when the wedding plans became 'official' I was ready! As the eldest sister, and being married myself, it fell upon me to be the 'matron-of-honor'. I had the bridal shower in the bag so I didn't worry about that. (it went off without a hitch of course) Then there was the matter of the "dress" not Krissy's dress oh no. I knew it would be fabulous because she wouldn't have it any other way. I was relieved to hear that she wanted us all to wear black. Black is good. Black is elegant. Black is a flattering color on everyone.  I got a bonus when she said that all the styles would be varied according to our individual styles. SCORE! I was ready for this dress. If you have read this blog for a while, then you know that I have been running away from the disgusting, post-baby fat that was lingering, nastily, on my body and have been relatively successful in my endeavors to escape it. 
So we went out in January and dress-shopped. It was a good day. Both Kristen and I found our dresses on the same shopping trip (her's was more important than mine of course, but still...)
Mad props go out to the other bridesmaid who did my hair (Thank you Ashlee Drake. Your years of doing hair for dance recitals has paid off!)
The wedding itself was lovely of course and went off, pretty much without a hitch. Now my sister is married too, and I have a brother in law who is awesome, and doesn't mind when I make "Bill" jokes!
The most popular comments on this photo
since it has been posted on facebook, is that
we are apparently "twins". Pay no attention
to that seven year age gap behind the curtain people
Here are some highlights from the.....blessed event.... and...okay, who am I kidding. Here are some really adorable pictures, that mostly feature my really adorable kids and me with my hair looking REALLY great!
See! Loved my hair that day!
Aubrey getting ready with the girls!


Me and my needy baby!
This was our official "bridesmaid's" pose
...We nailed it
Nothing but pure, unadulterated vanity here.
I feel attractive and look at the cute baby
that I made!
I sort of adore this handsome kid!

Dancing!

Dancing!! (and hiding a bubble wand
in the pocket)

Something was brought to my attention about this next picture. Supposedly my husband and I have a 'signature' pose. 
This is us at Kristen and Bill's wedding, March 10th 2012

This is us at my friend Savannah's wedding in August 2004

...Yeah, I don't see the similarity either.

No comments:

Post a Comment