Friday, January 3, 2014

General Gestational Venting.

Pregnancy is one of those things that brings about mixed feelings in pretty much everyone who discusses it. Everyone has an opinion, and frequently those opinions are strong ones, and why shouldn't they be? When you are talking about making people and all, you ought to have pretty strong opinions. My whole world lately is consumed with being pregnant, so my opinions on the matter are definitely substantial these days.
Mostly though lately, those opinions are not super perky and cheerful. Being 7 months pregnant does that to you I guess. Okay, it does that to me. A year ago, when I was at the height of my fitness euphoria, I had myself convinced that if/when I ever became pregnant again, that I would be one of those 'fit pregnant girls' and run/workout/be healthy/perky/cheerful through the whole thing. After all, I had committed to being fit, and thin, and healthy, and I was doing it, and doing it pretty well at that!

Guess what has yet to happen this pregnancy?

That is correct! I failed to take into account what being pregnant does to me.  The first three months are spent in attempt to find things to eat that aren't repulsive,  and trying not to fall asleep on every moderately comfortable surface. Then of course there is the lovely 'light-headedness' side effect that makes me look like the most over-dramatic person in the world.
Ever seen someone walk around the grocery store,  pale and sweaty, clinging to the cart as though its the only thing keeping them from collapsing?
I haven't seen it either, but that is because I wasn't fussed with finding a reflective surface to observe myself being pathetic at HEB.
Supposedly the reason for this has something to do with circulation, increased blood volume and all that.

Feeling that way doesn't lend itself very well to being able to go for a nice, five-mile, run.

Now we are into the thick of it. And I mean that literally, I am getting thick...again.
 I more or less fit every eye-roll inducing, pregnancy stereotype out there. I can turn a corner and knock things off of shelves and counters with my abdominal protrusion. I have the"waddle", though it has been around for longer than I have been "big pregnant" because my sciatic nerve likes to team up with my loosening hips and stretching, round ligament to make general moving around pretty much a joke.
Shifting to turn over in bed at night is absurdly painful and I am pretty sure you could liken the sounds I make during said shifting to an injured walrus.
Also now the baby is big enough to put all that lovely pressure on my delicate, 'lower region', which also hurts.

And I think my new gestating baby is getting jealous of all the attention I give to his older brother and sister. I got really busy (like SUPER busy) the weeks between thanksgiving and Christmas. I had to make use of every free minute I had to make sure everything was wonderful and magical, because that is just what you DO when you have two small children. (one of whom has a December birthday and NEEDS a princess party)
Apparently the little bladder-puncher  decided enough was enough and I had some bleeding on Christmas eve, which put me frustratingly, off my feet for the rest of that day. (it quit as soon as it started so I didn't end up in the hospital or anything)
I TRY to 'take it easy' but I get this horrid combination of boredom and exhaustion, where I want to get up an accomplish things, but I feel too tired to do anything.
It's really kind of annoying and depressing.


And I still have another 2 1/2 months to go.

I know that it is all worth it. I really do. I really am ecstatic at the prospect of having a brand new baby. I DO however know that pregnancy is not all a pleasant walk in the park, and sometimes we just need a good rant.
So there.

*sigh* At least I can brag that pregnancy has increased my bra size again.....like, a lot. Seriously my bra could now double as a fairly, size-able fruit basket.
My mom was making fun of me because I even sleep in a bra.
But really I kind of have to.... They'll fall off the bed if I don't.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I feel ya! You sound like me pregnant! I told myself over and over before both pregnancies that I would exercise and eat right and stay fit... and then I actually got pregnant and realized that is NEVER going to be in the cards for me! But you and Robert do make some pretty stinkin' cute babies... They're a good consolation prize for 9 months of misery, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you to pieces darling girl and I'm just so thankful that our Robert was blessed enough to find you and smart enough to marry you! :) Great blog sweetie. It definitely took me back five years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Been there five times, all different...never was I "perky". It's bittersweet to know my pregnancy days are done though. Congratulations again on your new reason to vent!

    ReplyDelete