Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grant Me Serenity....

   In the short 5 1/2 years of my marriage I have found that the best way to center myself, when I am feeling chaotic, is to clean and organize my house. (*note* this does NOT work with other people's houses, I know this because I had a job as a maid for a few months and it did not elicit the same level of satisfaction....so no snarky comments about how I should "come 'center myself' at your house" Kay?)  during my first two years of marriage living in our tiny, little, one bedroom, matchbox apartment, if I was going to do a thorough job, it took me about an hour and a half to do a REALLY good job. I would then sit peacefully admiring my work. Today, living in a somewhat (but not too much) bigger place, it takes me most of my day to get it clean to my liking, I am not slower at scrubbing, oh no,

                                               THIS ladies and gentlemen, is the culprit!
(Extra points if you can spot the extreme Andy-Panda
close-up)

I have two small children who don't just want my complete attention, they DEMAND IT! Andrew is typically easy to entertain, just pop in his flavor-of-the-week movie and he is good for a while. Aubrey, however, feels that it is my purpose in life, to hold her ALL THE TIME and keep her entertained and/or fed, whichever she feels is appropriate at the time. Unless she is napping I can hardly put her down for more than 15 minutes at a time before she becomes bored with life and needs me to attempt to convince her that her bouncer is INDEED fun! *sigh* some days I just give up and plop on the couch, baby on my lap and flip through channels. Not today, today I persevered and got my house clean! Success! Victory! Yay me! Because.........it REALLY needed it!
Kitchen Before.....
Kitchen AFTER!

Bar/Andy's toy area before...
Bar/Andy's toy area, AFTER......(ok its not PERFECT, but
seriously I DON'T know what to do with all those toys!)


Dining room  before.....

Dining room AFTER (yes the table did get smaller, I took
     the leaf out, it makes the room seem bigger, and therefore cleaner! )
Living room before......
Living room AFTER!



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! It took 1.5 hours to dust my living room last week :( Also, I had the same dilemma with Braelynn's toys...problem solved with a basket with a lid! Cute ones at Michael's for $12 (when they are 50% off once a month).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey's face this blog, think "Sword in the Stone". Old fat female squirrel. "AAHHHHHH!!!" climbs tree, "OOHHHHH!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete