Sunday, May 29, 2011

An Ode to a Sunday Afternoon Nap.

On this lovely sunday afternoon, I have been pondering pleasant, sunday afternoon activities. As a child at my church we all learned the "appropriate" activities for a sunday afternoon:
- Write in a journal
- Write a letter 
- Read Scriptures
- Read other books
- Watch a quiet movie
- Avoid on pain of spanking, fighting with siblings
and my dad's personal favorite:
- TAKE A NAP
I was brought up thinking that it was practically mandatory to sleep on sunday afternoons! As a smaller child who, by nature, detested naps, I avoided and resisted them. As I got older, I learned the virtue of a really good nap and learned to really enjoy it. Now that I am the parent, we still do sunday afternoon naps, but not always. I have realized though, that, all of us REALLY enjoy our sleep. Also, that my little family sleeps ADORABLY! 

Case in point:
They learned quickly, this is days after Aubrey was born!

See how peaceful they appear!

This is what you call, "playing till you drop"

Even awkward sleep is cute!

The great, baby burrito, and daddy.....asleep!

"beautiful dreamer....."

look at this and TRY to think of something cuter!!

This was an ACTUAL sunday afternoon nap!

Baby asleep on mommy's chest LOVE IT!!


And just in case, you were wondering.........Yes, I too have been caught on camera.......asleep.


...in my defense I was pregnant at the time.......

  

1 comment: