Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One whole year BABY!

 Exactly one year and one day ago, I was at my parents house (which was pretty common for that time since we lived down the street from them. Also we were spending lots of time over there anyways since my grandmother had spent her last few weeks at my mom and daddy's house after she was diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer, but THAT is another blog...)  Anyways, I was getting ready to go home. I was 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and getting tired of my baby kicking me in the ribs. I went to say goodnight to my little sister who promptly looked at my belly and said, "Okay Aubrey, you need to come out now!" We all laughed and said "yeah right!" and went home.
(Sorry we laughed Jen!)
     
Later that night, around 1:00a.m. I woke up with contractions. Convinced that it was false labor, I lay back down and tried to go back to sleep. An hour and a half later I woke Robert up and told him we should probably start timing them. At 3:00a.m. he decided that we needed to call my mom and the doctor. By 4:00a.m. we were at the hospital in one of those "observation rooms" by 7:00 I had my own room and was in active labor. By 9:00a.m. my doc came to see me and break my water, drenching that drop-cloth thing they put under you with copious amounts of amniotic fluid, whereupon I promptly asked for an epidural (this was the point that I remembered, just how bad contractions were when the amniotic fluid wasn't cushioning them). By 9:45a.m. I had an (effective) epidural. By 10:30a.m. I had a 'hot spot' on my right side (meaning I could feel all the contracting in that spot) By 11:00a.m. I could feel everything on the right half of my abdomen and was pretty sure it was about time to get my baby out.
No, this has not been photoshopped, I REALLY looked
THAT hot, post delivery....

At 11:25a.m. December 14, 2010- Exactly one year ago today, I got to see my very first daughter for the first time. She was and is beautiful, and adorable, and precious and really, REALLY different from her big brother.
     I guess she got the memo that Andrew was an EXCELLENT baby when it came to sleeping and chilling in his bouncy chair, and playing on the floor quietly. This is not to say that she was a BAD baby, quite the contrary she was sweet tempered and lovely....as long as I was holding her. She decided that since Andrew was GREAT at being independent, she would be the neediest baby EVER!
   But hey, she really IS beautiful

BEST Christmas present EVER!
Because she was born in december, the hospital sent her home
in a Christmas stocking. True story. *squeal*

When she is happy...you definitely know it! (CLAP YOUR HANDS!)
She also looks AMAZING in girly things like headbands and bows






Did I ever mention that I went a little crazy and made a whole bunch of headbands with bows and flowers for almost every outfit I had for her? Yeeeeeah.... I went a little crazy and made headbands with bows and flowers for almost every outfit I had for her....

"So, uh...you gonna pick me up, or what?"

Aubrey Noelle Attaya, you make my life better just by being here every day. You may be needy, but I am privileged to be the one you seem to need! I love you, my baby girl! 
Happy first birthday, and many MANY more!


 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Love my beautiful granddaughter and her equally as beautiful mother!!!!

    ReplyDelete