Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Time to Meet the Family!

      My little, family is just that right now: Little. By industry standards we have almost reached the "average" family size: Husband, Wife, 2.5 kids.  Right now we have Robert-Husband, Corinne(ME!!!)-Wife, Andrew-Kid#1 and Aubrey-Kid#2. I haven't yet figured out how they figure the .5 child. How do you arrange to have, half a kid? I guess if it was a really, really, short kid, or a little person, or an actual 1/2 of a kid, which might look kind of funny, and detract from the "Average-ness" of the family...... Anyways, I don't want to end up with 2.5 kids anyhow. I personally, came from a big family with the five of us kids, and plan to give my children the same opportunities to have a few siblings to choose from when they declare a rivalry. Bottom line: We aren't through having kids.
  Since they will be referenced many times throughout this blog I think you all should be formally introduced to each member of my little family so that when I mention Andrew's fondness
for Marvin Gaye, or Roberts rants in pilot jargon, you won't spend so much time leaning your head to the side, eyebrows furrowed.
This is Robert.

Rob is a Pilot!

Rob is a dress-uppy nerd like me! YAY!!!
Rob is a good daddy!

Robert and I met 3 months after I turned 18 at the institute (our church's student center on the university campus) Rob was 25 at the time. We became friends right away but both of us were concerned that the OTHER person would have an issue with the age difference, though neither of us actually had an issue with it. As soon as we cleared all that up we started dating. Eight months later we were engaged. Eleven Months after that we were married. As of this posting we have been married for 5 1/2 years and are still together/happy/spending lots of time critiquing popular movies.

                       After 2 years of marriage Robert and I decided there were too few of us.

Andy, Born Juy 23, 2008
                         We promptly got working on our first child: Andrew Robert Attaya!
 Andy (as we affectionately refer to him) is a seriously, awesome little guy! As adorable as he was squishy, his little personality was, from the start, super cool! Some of Andy's favorite activities include: watching sesame street, building super high block towers, running laps around an armchair in our living room, and singing along to some of his favorite tunes; 'I am a Child of God', 'Up Up in the sky',  and 'Ain't no Mountain High Enough'. There is nothing that warms me as a mother more than to hear my son walking around the house singing "Ain' no mowta, high nuff'!!!"
He poses for pictures!

               
Younger sibling, on the way!
When Andy got to be about 18 months old, we decided the time was right to give him a sibling, that he may know for himself, the joy that is, teasing a younger sibling.
Thus we got to work on Baby #2.

                                                                                

                                                                              Baby Aubrey Noelle Attaya

Aubrey, born December 14, 2010
Happy baby
Really happy baby!!


beautiful baby!
Aubrey is pretty much an all around, super, precious and awesome person to have around. Having her in our little family creates the BEST dynamic!

So this is my family! watch for them as they play the most important roles in all my future blogs!

1 comment: