Thursday, May 3, 2012

"And, Aubrey was her name"


 Having a daughter has been a very different experience than having a son. Perhaps it has something to do with the differences between boys and girls, but I am inclined to believe that her personality is just that different from her brother's. As a result, my little girl is constantly teaching me things,  such as:
how important it is for me to be holding her at least 75% of every day:
(The other 25% of the time, Daddy suffices)

She has taught me how determined she is to get her hands on my phone EVEN when I have 'hidden it' under the couch cushion:

She has taught me how important the cats are to her (and what fantastic pillow pets they make):


She has taught me that I can't trust her to be hesitant of the swimming pool like her older brother is. She WILL just climb into the water and give me a mini heart attack:


She has taught me that very few children can pull off pigtails that have absolutely NO curl to them whatsoever, and stick straight out, but she can do it and still look amazing and adorable:

She has taught me the importance of PUSHING those gender boundaries!
She DARES you to replace
that truck with a doll!

She has taught me how adorable bedtime can be!

....Okay so Andrew has contributed a good deal to the bedtime cuteness.


I kinda love her...a lot.
"a not so very ordinary girl or name..."



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that girl!!! (You want me to post my re-written lyrics?

    ReplyDelete