Monday, April 25, 2011

"Andy-isms" #1

 They say that  when you become a parent, your life changes. This is true. They also say that you learn from your children. This also is true. (Though I am more than a little curious as to who "They" are, and what makes "Them" think that "They" are so 'all-knowing') My children have certainly changed my life, and I have certainly learned quite a bit since having my children, particularly Andrew.
    Andrew is not quite three, and is truly the most adorable kid who ever was! He does, however, have quite a personality on him. Sometimes I just sit back and watch him as he does his little thing. I often wonder, as he is running his 34th lap around our big green armchair,  singing, "ain't no mountain high enough", just what is going through his little head? I will post a series of 'Andy-isms' so that all of you can understand just how much more interesting my life is because of my little guy!!
  • Andy: on Movies - My son thoroughly enjoys watching movies. I guess he was destined to, with Rob and I as his parents. Rob and I saw SO many movies while we were dating and in the early years of our marriage. We saw quite a few in theaters while I was pregnant with him. I was literally in labor with him when we went to see "The Dark Knight" in the theater. So I guess it was meant to be. Andrew has his own little cache of movies on our movie shelf. Of those movies he has a handful of 'favorites', Wall-E, Up, Toy story (1 & 2) The many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and most recently Toy Story 3 and Tangled. These 'favorites' get watched A LOT. When I say 'a lot' I don't just mean each and every day, I mean many, many, many, MANY times a day! He watches his movies with the intensity of a professional card-counter at a blackjack table! His new trick is to wait till his movie is over and it goes back to the menu screen and then press the 'play' button on the dvd player and voila! the movie starts all over again! The funniest part is that Andy sits and talks along with the dialogue and sings all the songs! Its like an echo but not quite, because he does it PERFECTLY in sync with the movie!!! We have seen toy story 3 and Tangled so many times since we bought it for him, I feel like I could probably act out a one-woman, live-action, stage version of each of them, I know them SO well! I find myself with my ipod on and one earbud in, most of the day, either listening to my own music or, more often an audio book. This seems to help me maintain my precious sanity, and keep me affectionate towards Woody and Spanish Buzz, rather than wishing that they had gone ahead and fallen into that large incinerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment