Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Solemnly Swear.......that I will ALWAYS be Team Edward!

This week I have to pay homage to something that has kept my nerd-meter in the high yellow level for many years now: Books.
  But not just any books, The Harry Potter Books!
This week marked the FINAL conclusion (yes I realize that to say 'final conclusion' is redundant but this time it actually makes sense.) to the saga that I have been following for the past 11 years of my life! I began reading the crack-like novels at age 14, (shortly after 'Goblet of Fire'[book 4] was released) After that I was hooked! I waited impatiently for each installment. I pre-ordered each one as it was released, and waited in line at bookstores to receive my copy at midnight. Most times I would get them read in less than a day!
  By the time "Deathly Hallows"[book7] was going to be released, I was working at the bookstore. I and many of my awesome co-workers decided to make the midnight release party (that we were all scheduled to work) more fun, by dressing up. I was a 21 year old, married, adult, wearing a costume to work. It was fantastic!

At midnight I got my copy of the book and had it read by morning.
 I am not ashamed of this. 

Well this past friday was the opening day for the VERY last Harry Potter movie. I saw it, with my family, like we did with every other movie, and I loved it! 
And now it is over. No new books or even movies to look forward to :(
It is a bittersweet thing. I have been essentially waiting for the movie I saw on friday, for the past 11 years!
                    Thank You Harry Potter, for so many years of intense nerdy indulgence!

 I will of course be alright, mostly because I still have two more Twilight movies to wait for :)
And naturally I will see my Twilight movies with my Twilight-midnight-movie-partner!


1 comment:

  1. I love those books too! This article gives me hope. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20431067,00.html

    ReplyDelete