Friday, July 29, 2011

Something wrong with me.


I have a problem. It has caused me to question the very nature of my “Corinne-ness” . I have fallen (hard) for something I once despised. The hatred I once harbored for it has dissolved into something that I now hesitantly call ‘love’.  I think, that I have fallen in love, with: Running!
  I have spent the past four months running at least three times a week (if not more) and I find myself strangely invigorated, and feeling…..good when I get through with a daily run!  I began doing this with the idea that I would tone up a bit and possibly lose a few pounds from last year’s pregnancy. I have in turn, lost ALL baby weight, including weight that was still hanging on from my FIRST pregnancy, and my waist is just an inch or two away from what it was when I first got married! That alone is enough to keep me going every day (even if I still hated doing it) BUT that is not why I have fallen in love with it. (okay, it IS a factor but not the only reason)
I have found that I love getting outside and feeling the road beneath my feet. I love feeling the muscles in my legs propelling me forward. And most of all, I love getting to the end of my route and realizing that I feel GOOD, and that I DON’T feel like passing out!
  I would like to take this opportunity to give a hearty thanks to: My iPod, and iPod armband. I ADORE running to music, and HATE having to hold my iPod while running. That armband is the best $3.85 I ever spent on Amazon.com.
Worth its weight in GOLD!!!
 Now I have to mentally come to terms with the fact that for the first time in nearly 26 years, I enjoy doing something that is legitimately athletic.
There is DEFINITELY something wrong with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment