Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not Yet Amazing.

In the vastness of my imagination, I am an amazing person. I am up at the crack of dawn, so that I can do a little cleaning of my house before the kids wake up. I have a perfectly nutritious breakfast ready for each of them as they wake up. We spend the day playing and doing all kinds of things that are intellectually stimulating to their young minds. While they are quietly playing together, I get a little scrap-booking done. When Robert gets home from work I have a beautiful and nutritious dinner ready to serve on my tablecloth covered table, set with my wedding china. We all sit and eat as a family and discuss the day. My children take their baths and go to bed without argument, and my husband and I spend a little time together in quiet discussion before retiring to bed ourselves.
If I was indeed this amazing person, this would be how each of my day's would be.
This day has NEVER occurred for me.
More often I sleep late because my baby girl wakes me up sporadically throughout the night, and by the time I SHOULD  get up I am still too tired to do more than turn Sesame Street on for Andrew. My house is in a constant state of untidiness. Breakfast for my kids usually consists of a bowl of cereal and a go-gurt for Andrew, Aubrey just nurses (which, to be fair, is what she would do anyway) And so forth..... in a mostly unorganized and non-amazing fashion.
  I have big plans to be this amazing person......at some point. I'm not sure when it will fully come to fruition. However, I have set myself a time frame.
I have a month.
We made the decision to move to an area closer to Rob's work and also closer to the big airport so that he could work towards getting hired with an airline. We found a really nice place that is in the perfect halfway point. In our nearly six years of marriage this will be the farthest I have lived from my parents.(a whole hour and a half away *gasp*) I don't think in that entire more than half decade, we have gone a week without seeing them, or going to their house. For the past year and a half we have lived quite literally down the street from them. In many ways it still feels almost like I still live at home. Married five and a half years, two children, and Mom and Daddy right there! Believe it or not this has been a pretty good thing. The ease of having babysitters right there, any time I needed them has been quite frankly blissful. Plus my parents are pretty much cooler than anyone else's.  However, at some point the nest needs to be vacated. Even if that nest is technically not attached to the parent's nest, the nest is on an adjoining branch of the tree and VERY easily accessible to said parental nest.
 I am gearing myself up to be a way more amazing person, because I will no longer be right near my parents and I suppose that desire to "prove myself" (or something noble like that, or whatever) should kick in right....RIGHT??? That is what I keep telling myself. It makes me feel better about just sitting on my sofa and playing with my baby girl's pretty little toes, instead of organizing my closet. New place, new start, new sense of motivation.
So now my typically untidy house, is even more untidy and has a big stack of empty boxes in the dining room waiting for me to fill them with our belongings, and with my general lack of amazingness, it will likely take the entire month for that to happen anyways.
But after the move, no more! I will be the picture of perfection! I. Will. Be. AMAZING!!

Corinne-->Amazing
E.T.A. : One month
We shall see.......

1 comment:

  1. I say you're doing good already. But, if you really want to make that a goal (noble goal, btw) then give yourself longer than a month. It will take you that long to get rid of all the boxes. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete